Entries close 31 October 2017 for 39th Toyota Star Maker
23 October 2017
In just a few weeks, the chance to enter the 39th Toyota Star Maker – Australia’s longest running search for a new country music star will close.
Entries close on the 31 October 2017 and anyone interested should take the opportunity now.
Star Maker has been a crucial launching pad for some of Australia’s biggest country music stars including Keith Urban, Lee Kernaghan, James Blundell, Kylie Sackley, Beccy Cole, Travis Collins, Sam McClymont, Darren Coggan, Lyn Bowtell, Kirsty Lee Akers, Kaylee Bell, Jared Porter and many more.
Australia’s Star Maker platform sets out to find a new country music star and all the aforementioned winners are leading the way with strong careers internationally and locally.
In 2018, competition will be as tough as ever with former winners setting strong examples of what is possible when committed to a career in the country music industry.
“Toyota Star Maker has a responsibility to deliver a new winner who is not only the ‘next big thing’ but who also becomes an automatic ambassador for the Australian country music industry,” said coordinator Cheryl Byrnes.
We want someone who is already making a considerable impact in country music, who has the country music x-factor, is driven and articulate, motivated and talented and someone who lives country music.
Ms Byrnes said, “Entrants should already be working the scene and have basic business knowledge, also prepared to work with a team with some 40 year’s experience.”
Current winner Rachael Fahim has had a huge year, with her first single Confetti and accompanying music video profiling her career, as well as numerous festival performances, and corporate events including performing in front of 25,000 people at a Toyota Cowboys game in Townsville recently. Her second single is due to hit in a few weeks and her third single at the Toyota Country Music Festival – Tamworth in January 2018. Rachael is included in the huge sold out CMC Rocks QLD 2018 and will perform three dates with superstar Lee Kernaghan in November.
Judging takes place in the first week of November with finalists announced in December.
The Toyota Star Maker Grand Final will be held in Tamworth as a part of the Toyota Country Music Festival as the main event on the first Sunday, 21 January 2018.
Toyota Star Maker continues to set the benchmark in showcasing Australian country music’s best new talent.
The prize package includes:
• Use of the title 2018 Toyota Star Maker;
• 12 months use of a brand new, fully-serviced Toyota motor vehicle;
• A fuel card for the length of reign;
• Return air flight including 4-nights accommodation for one to Nashville for the CMA Festival in June 2018 courtesy of Chris Watson Travel.
• Photographic portfolio with Andrew Pearson Photography Tamworth;
• A Maton acoustic guitar;
• Fender products;
• Shure products from Jands Australia;
• A recording session with Australia’s top musicians and producer;
• Recording, distribution and promotion of a four-track EP;
• Production of three professional video clips by an award-winning director;
• 12 months media promotion in Australia’s only monthly country music magazine Country Music Capital News;
• Full colour promotional material including posters, a pull-up and more;
• Direct and personal introductions to industry based on the organisers 38 years history;
• Guidance and support by HSF Artist Services;
• Media promotion including radio, print and television;
• Hair and make-up styling by Plush Hair Designs & Make-up of Tamworth for photographic portfolio;
• A designated list of events for Toyota including National Tree Day, Shades Day and more.
• Guaranteed paid performances at a designated list of festivals and events.
• A guaranteed paid performance with Tamworth’s Wests Entertainment Group;
• A guaranteed performance with The Pub Group.
Toyota Star Maker is organised and promoted by Tamworth Regional Council, publishers of Country Music Capital News and the Official Guide To The Tamworth Country Music Festival.